Got inspired to do some looks for the end of the month of November 2010. When brands and makeup artists are busy bronzing and warming up complexions during the winters, I thought of re-inventing the charm of the icy winters (not so in Mumbai but I am happy seeing my refridgerator).
The pink rose inspires me for Winters this time and its delicate blossom is really amazing when it sustains the chilly winters.This is an Indian version of an oriental look (same things happen to Chinese food in India).
What we need: -
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation Rs.950 + Estee Lauder Daywear Plus SPF 15 Rs.2350
- YSL Touche Eclat Concealer Rs.2150
- Estee Lauder Nutritious Vita-mineral makeup loose powder Rs.2505
- MAC Blush in Dollymix and Coygirl Rs.1150 each
- Clinique Fresh Bloom All over Color in Peony Rs.1800
- MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre Rs.1100
- MAC eyeshadows in Sunday Best (Frosted Pink LE), Shore Leave (Muted beige pink Frost LE), Sushi Flower (Warm Satin Rosy Pink) and Glamour Check (Starflash Reddish Brown)
- Clinique High Lengths Mascara in BLack Rs.1075
- Bourjois CLubbing Eye Pencil and liquid eye liner in Black
- Clinique Instant Lift for brows Rs.1035
I wanted well groomed brows so I recommend using the brow color to fill in the gaps and then a spoolie brush dipped in a transperent hair gel or hair sprayed to comb through to set them. I like the pearkescent side to the Intant lift for brows to give a lifted effect by highlighting the brow bone. I also use the same highlighter in the inner corners of the eyes to instantly open them up and also act as a base for some pearlescent eyeshadow to sit on. The look is also about exaggerated highlights for eyes to give that dewy effect.
Use SOft Ochre Paint Pot as eyeshadow base. I love it as the yellow base also helps conceal and correct the bluishness of the eye lids. Use the paint pot all over the lid blending it into the crease. Trace the lids with an eye pencil applying just near the lash lines.And then trace and smudge this dark black eye pencil in the inner rims of the lower lid.
Apply Sunday Best e/s all over the lid highlighting the brow bone and the inner corners of the eyes. With a dome crease brush blend Sushi Flower in the creases, keeping it subtle to avoid an angry-pink-eyes look. Blend in Glamour check on the outer lids and subtly merging into crease.Also smoke it across the lower lid. Use Shore Leave in the middle and inner thirds of the upper lids. Trace a thin black line from the inner corners to the outer without winging the liner and then curl lashes and apply a lengthening mascara.
- CLinique High Impact Lips SPF 15 in Toasted Rose
- Shiseido Lip Gloss in G5 Chianti Rose.
Apply a rosy lipstick and make it look younger with a slick of pink tinted lip gloss.
DO try it...............