Sometimes a sheer wash of color lets the lid see through and creates that porcelain dish like glaze on eyes. Not necessarily that it has to be a cream eyeshadow. you can get amazing results with powders too.
I had to try the two new eyeshadows I got from Loreal Paris and this was a look that was always on my mind for the same.
I was taken aback by the subtle glimmery finish these eyeshadows had and my palms were itching to do this look. I called this look as sheer translucency as the colors look like they have been floating on the lids and not just applied on the lid.
These eyeshadows created an amazing interplay of light, color and texture and gave this look a new dimension.
Lets see how I did it;
- Shiseido Dual Balancing Foundation (applied after quite a long time and didn't forget the smooth finish it always gave me)
- Bourjois Anti-cernes Pinceau concealer
- Clinique Blended Face Powder
- Chanel Tweed Blush in Tweed Amber
- Clinique Superbalm Moisturizing Lipgloss in Apricot
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- MAC Eyeshadow in Smut and Brown Down
- Bourjois Smoky effect pencil in Ultra black
- MAC Powerpoint Pencil in Gilded White
- Loreal Chrome eyeshadows in Creme Lame and Sepia Shimmer.
- Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara
- Kryolan False lashes
- Shiseido eyelash curler
- MAC Brow Gel
Brushes used were : - Christian Dior Foundation brush, Lancome Mineral powder brush, Estee Lauder Concealer brush, MAC 217, Sigma SS217 and SS 224, Scott Barnes Crease brush and Smashbox Large shader brush.
- Prime the lids and trace the upper lash line with ultra black eye pencil. Smudge with the brush provide on the back of it.
- Highlight with Creme Lame and also apply it in the inner corners.
- Fill the inner rims of lower lids with Gilded White.
- Apply Smut on the outer corners and blend it into the upper crease. Also blend some on the outer half of the lower lid.
- In continuation to Smut, blend Brown Down in the crease and define and darken as desired to create a lovely contour and an illusion of bigger eye lids.
- Dab on Sepia shimmer on the middle and inner part of the lids and also on the inner half of lower lid. To add an extra dose of shimmer, with a damp brush dust some Creme lame on the centre of the lid.
- Curl lashes and apply mascara.
- Fill in the brows with Brown Down and set with gel.
- Glue on the falsies to get a wide eyed look.
The closed eye.........
This look is very party look and simple to achieve. Do try it!