Its all about 70s and all that rebelliousness and glitter and everything. But with a twist. The lashes are dramatic and different and what Heatherettes had created for MAC. Its got a bit Betsy Jonhnson-ish vibe and I love that. Getting inspired from what mentioned above with a bit of modification I could conjure up a bridal look very suitable for evenings and receptions.
Lets see how to get the look,
- Kryolan Supra foundation palette used as foundation and concealer. I could get that seamless blend by using my Scott Barnes foundation brush made of white goat hair (Same like Shu Uemura's)
- Kryolan Translucent powder for setting.
- Clinique Long Last Lipgloss SPF 15 in Mystic over Clinique Long Last Lipstick in Pink Spice.
I used a Lancome Eyeshadow Quad in 312 Sortilege D'Amour which has a mish mash of a powdery sky blue, soft lilac, plummy purple and antique olive gold color.
This quad has an amazing color pay off and has been one of my impulsive but worthwhile Lancome purchases.
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance applied as an eyeshadow base.
- The brows are filled with MAC eyeshadows in Dark Edge and Brown down so that they look defined and not very dark. Tamed with MAC Brow Gel.
- Line the eye rims with Chambor Dazzle Liner in Black Dazzle across the perimeter. Blend any harsh edges.
- With Clarins mono eyeshadow in Mystery Grey make a stencil for everything else to fill in and blend. Same eyeshadow is smoked on the lower lid.
- The Plummy purple color from the quad is applied in the crease and blended inwards.
- With Powdered blue, the inner corners are highlighted.
- Soft lilac is used to highlight the brow bone.
- The olive gold is applied on the entire eyelid in 'stamp and spread' manner and blended into other colors.
- With damp wet flat eyeshadow brush or fingers (best) I dabbed MAC Reflets Antique gold only on the areas covered by the olive gold eyeshadow.
- Lashes were curled with Shiseido Eye lash curler and lacquered with MAC Opulash Mascara
- For the icing on the cake, I applied Limited Edition Heatherette for MAC lashes that were stuck with Kryolan Eyelash glue; to complete the look. And to glamorize it further apply a thin kitten line with L'OReal Super liner in Black Carbon Gloss.
This is a wonderful DIY makeup for weddings and would suit most of the wine or red colored ensembles.
This makeup is vivid and fit for very few occasions but worth the effort.
Hope you like it.
Do not forget to enter into my Too Faced Insurance Policy Eyeshadow Giveaway.
Thanks for reading my blog. I don't give 100% on the authenticity of the content here and it is subject to change without prior notice. Read disclaimer at the bottom of the page.