The serene nights in Japan and the stories that linger around have always inspired me to do looks. In this post of 'The Enchanted Night' I wanted to round up with a post that brings serenity and beauty in one place. Zen Gardens have been inspirations to poets and artist alike. They bring a positive dimension to creativity, you can feel the life force flowing through with just a mere glance at the picture.
Zen Gardens are all about planning a perfect environment that is ornamented with an eclectic mish mash of plants and exotic shrubs with miniature ponds and lakes laden with freshwater lilies and lotuses. Its truly divine.
I am doing two looks viz,
LIGHT IN THE NIGHT
These looks are inspired by serene Zen Nights and moonlit flora. Lets see how to do them,
- Smashbox Cosmetics Photofinish primer light
- Kryolan Supracolor foundation used as base and concealer
- Kryolan Transparent Powder for setting the makeup. Exclude cheeks to keep it all dewy and radiant.
- Shiseido Accentuating Stick in Rose Flush and Glistening Touch for a dewy and rosy lit-from-within glow
- Estee Lauder Pure color gloss in Brazen Berry
LIGHT IN THE DARK
This was also one of the references I used in Illamasqua's Sophie-I technique look and have put a glimpse of it in previous post.
- Its just a black, charcoal grey and light peachy beige shimmer, just 3 eyeshadows enough to create a multidimensional look.
- Apply TFSI as a base for everything to stay put.
- Line the rims and trace the lash lines with Bourjois Effet Smokey Liner in Ultra Black.
- Highlight brow bone with Girlactik Eyeshadow in Satin. Also use it in the inner corners and on the middle half of the lid. Its all sparkle and shimmer.
- On the outer corners and immediate lower water line, blend matte Bourjois Intense black eyeshadow and smoke it out.
- The charcoal black color from Chanel Quad called Sparkling Satins is applied in the crease and blended towards the brow bone for soft definition. Also smoked on the lower lid to add softness.
- Brows are defined with MAC Dark Edge.
- Curl lashes with Shiseido Eye lash curler and apply 2 coats of Clarins Instant Definition mascara.
I so wish I was in Japan to sport this look on someone there. This is an interplay of taupe grey shimmer with muted soft jade green infused with a touch of grey.
- TFSI as a base with MAC Paint pot in Groundwork over the lid, softly diffused in the crease.
- MAC Smut applied on the outer corners and smoked on the lower lid..
- Highlight brow bone with MAC eyeshadow in Shore leave.
- On the lids with a damp brush apply shimmery soft grey green eyeshadow from Lancome Duo in Light & Dark in patting motions.
- Comb brows, curl lashes and coat with Clarins Instant Definition Mascara.
These are simple looks with very less products. The simplicity and purity of thought inspires these looks.
Hope you like them. Do enter my Too faced eyeshadow giveaway and remember time is running.
Thanks for reading my blog. I don't give 100% on the authenticity of the content here and it is subject to change without prior notice. Please read the disclaimer for any questions.