This is the last makeup of the chronicle. This was the reception that happened the next evening and with all tired and yet dancing and happy, this concluded the wedding. Megha is a really fun to work with and with no tantrums I could deliver my best.
For the reception makeup, it was decided to keep the look glowing and again subdued with hints of pinks and roses with a glowing skin. So lets see how to get this look.........
Since the camera flash is very strong, the face looks brighter than the neck but in reality the makeup was very demure and subdued. Since the flu had set in and skin was all blotchy, an extra dose of Clarins Beauty Repair Balm had to be applied to soothe the skin from getting flushed.
Then I sprayed a good amount of Kryolan Surgiva Skin Refreshing Spray for an added hydration boost and since its pH balanced water for skin it does have certain healing properties.
Then we started the makeup ------
- Prepped the skin with Smashbox Photofinish Light Primer and then used Makeup Forever Correcting Base in Green strategically over certain areas of the face.
- Then I applied a generous amount of Christian Dior Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear foundation over the entire face and blended with fingers to get a natural finish. For concealing the under eye circles, redness and blemished I used Kryolan's Ultra foundation in OB2 and OB3 colors on the areas needed. I set the base makeup with Kryolan Transparent Powder in TL9 and TL4 to balance the skin tone and add warmth to the face.
- For the cheeks I used a lovely dusky rosy pink color from the Dior Bronze Harmonie in Safari over the apples of the cheeks for a healthy flush that is not red in color. Contoured cheek bones ever so slightly with Benefit Hoola Bronzing Powder and highlighted the nose bridge and heights of the cheeks with Estee Lauder Platinum Powder for a soft luminous glow.
- I tamed Megha's brows with Surgiva spray on a clean mascara wand. Then prepped the lids with NARS Pro Prime Smudgeproof eyeshadow base for a beautiful long lasting finish. Then came the Maybelline Color Tattoo eyeshadow in Bad to Bronze all over the lid as a base. I find these quite handy as the eyeshadows stick very well to them. I used colors from the Urban Decay Naked Palette to create this cool toned look. Firstly I used Tease in the crease for soft definition. Then I lined the eyes with Max Factor Liner Effect Pencil in Blazing Brown. Highlighted the brow bones and inner corners with Sin eyeshadow. On the outer corners I applied Dark Horse and smoked it out on the corners of the lower lids to create soft definition.
- For the Lips, I prepped with Kiehl's Lip balm in my favorite Cranberry flavor. Then I used Bourjois Lip Pencil in Soft Rose to outline the lips and make them proper. Then I used Kryolan Lipstick in Dusky Rose (some number which I would not remember and I am too lazy to look into my kit....sorry). Over that I applied Clinique Long last lipgloss in Airy Kiss on the centre of the lip. And voila....bride ready.
Hope you liked the look. Do let me know in the comments.
Please do not copy any pictures or content of Beauty Traveller without prior permission. Thanks for reading my blog. I don't give 100% on the authenticity of the content here and it is subject to change without prior notice. Please read the disclaimer for any questions.