Today's makeup look was about looking glamorous. The makeup had to be seen and still look seamlessly blended while the eyes were smoldering (pardon the brow. The Rimmel brow pencil is not upto the mark it seems.) and the lips were stained in a strawberry like stain. The inspiration of this look was a drop of water on a lotus leaf (maybe in the day or night). The colors were very marsh like and lotus blossom with a touch of pearl on the centre of the lid which really looked glamorous in person.
The green on eyes, the peach on lips and the strawberry on lips created a lethal combination. I shall be doing a quick tut of the eye makeup as well and may be a step by step tutorial in one of the posts as this is one look I have never attempted.
- Estee Lauder Nutritious Radiance Face Oil
- Kiehl's Skin Rescuer Moisturizer
- Benefit Stay Flawless 15 hr face primer
- Guerlain Parure Gold Radiant foundation in 03
- Tom Ford Traceless Foundation Stick in Fawn
- Dior Diorsculpt concealer 03
- Tarte Maracuja Creaseless cream concealer - Medium
- YSL Touche Eclat 03
- Hourglass Ambient Lights Finishing Powder in Dim Light
- Guerlain Les Violettes Mineral Loose Powder
- Guerlain Blush G Serie Noire - all colors swirled on the face
- MAC Extra Dimension Highlighter in Whisper of Gilt
- Benefit High Beam
- Prep the eye lid with Laura Mercier Eye Basic in Wheat. Its a great lid color corrector and a fantastic eyeshadow primer.
- Trace the upper and lower lash line and lower inner rims with Elizabeth Arden Smokey Eye pencil in Black. Smoke it out before it sets to create a soft liner effect. For a darker color, also trace the upper lash line with Chambor Dazzle Liner in Black Dazzle.
- Begin with creating the stencil. On the four corners of the eyes apply Urban Decay Black out eyeshadow. Blend and smoke out any harsh edges.
- In the crease apply a marsh green eyeshadow duochrome from the Christian Dior Secret Charm eyeshadow palette (not mentioned in the Instagram pic). Blend this towards the brow bone.
- In the inner corners and on the outer one-third of the upper lid, apply Urban Decay eyeshadow in Loaded. Meet the color in the crease and blend. The look is a light in the centre from where the reflection of the moon beam falls on the water drop and illuminates the area around.
- On the centre of the lid apply a spring green eyeshadow from the YSL Pure Chromatics eyeshadow palette no.04. I used it wet to intensify the color. Blend it sideways to blend into the green smokey darkness. On the centre of the lid, dab a duck's egg blue color from the Guerlain Parure De Nuit eyeshadow palette. This has intense pearl which amplifies the green and gives it a bit of blue tinge.
- On the lower lid, smoke out the Loaded eyeshadow with a smudge brush. Go a bit lower to intensify the smoldering effect.
- With silvery ivory eyeshadow from the YSL 04 palette, highlight the inner corners and brow bone.
- Fill the inner rims of lower lids with Chambor Dazzle Liner in Black Dazzle and apply Rimmel's Waterproof Gel Liner to seal it.
- Curl lashes and apply Sisley So intense mascara in Black.
- Define the brows with a Rimmel Brow Pencil in Black brown and seal the brows with Body Shop Brow Gel.
- Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lip tint in Carry on Cherry
- Chanel Rouge Allure lipstick in La Ravissante
- YSL Glossy stain in no.09
This is the final look. Please spare me for the brows. I actually corrected them after taking the picture. Do let me know your thoughts in the comments section.
Please do not copy any pictures or content of Beauty Traveller without prior permission. Thanks for reading my blog. I don't give 100% on the authenticity of the content here and it is subject to change without prior notice. Please read the disclaimer for any questions.