It was a great pleasure and great honor to be able to do Bhumika Thakkar's (from New Love Makeup Blog) makeup for her engagement on 18th August 2013. She is such an amazing person and so soft spoken and very very highly educated (Chartered Account - can it get higher). She also has a fantastic family who are so down to earth and loving and caring. I had a wonderful time prepping her up and now I am all here to share the look with you all.
Bhumika wanted me to do my signature dewy makeup look and I hope I succeeded in doing justice to her aspirations.
I took some pictures from my Canon Digital Camera and Bhumika was kind enough to send me some from her pro one. So here's are some lovely pictures from their collection and also the makeup look....
(I have done a bit of skin correction due to absence of adequate light at the venue)
- Cleansed the face with my favorite Johnson's Baby Wipes to remove the dirt and grime and also mildly exfoliate the skin. This is the gentlest one ever made and very very handy baby wipe.
- I applied a dollop of Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel and Clarins Beauty Flash balm to thoroughly moisturize the skin and make it feel supple and soft.
- Then another dollop of Smashbox PhotoFinish Light Primer went for a smooth and flawless creation of a base for the foundation to adhere to.
- Before foundation I also applied a layer of YSL Teint Parfait Complexion Enhancer for the makeup to look dewy and glowing.
- For the foundation, first I layered Makeup Forever HD Foundation Shade no.123 + a hint of 153 to create the basic canvas.
- To hide the nooks and corners and also to conceal the required areas I used a mixture of Kryolan Ultra Foundation OB3+OB4 with Makeup Blend over my Kryolan mixing plate.
- Some hither thither blemishes were hidden with Kryolan Derma color foundation in D5.
- Then I set the foundation with Kryolan Loose Powder in TL4 (my favorite) and spritzed some Kryolan Surgiva spray to add a dewy look to the face.
- I did some strategic contouring using Benefit's Hoola Bronzer from their POP palette.
- Then went a lovely deep rosy hue on the pads of the cheek. This color was from Scott Barnes's Blush palette in Brandy wine.
- To highlight the face and heights of the cheeks I used Clinique Fresh Bloom All Over Color in Peony.
Bhumika wanted me to go quite light and bright on the eyes. So we opted for a mish mash of colors from different makeup palettes that I had taken to get the right color.
- I prepped the lids with NARS Pro Prime Smudgeproof eyeshadow base.
- I began by defining the crease with MAC eyeshadow in Brown Down. To create a transition into the inner corners I used MAC eyeshadow in Cork.
- On the outer corners I applied this lovely deep matte aubergine color from the BH cosmetics Jenni Rivera Palette.
- On the lower lids I smoked out the same MAC Brown Down eyeshadow.
- I highlighted the inner corners and brow bone with Urban Decay Naked Palette eyeshadow in Sin.
- On the lids, I applied a base color of MAC Woodwinked and then highlighted the centre of the lid with Urban Decay Sidecar eyeshadow.
- I lined the lash line with VOV Waterproof eye pencil which is a staple in my kit to give the blackest eye liner color ever. Its waterproof, fail safe and softest pencil ever.
- In the inner corners I filled in Max Factor Liner Effect Eye pencil in Brown Blaze.
- Then I curled the lashes with Shiseido Eye lash curler and applied a single coat of Bourjois Volume Glamour Max Definition Mascara to Bhumika's stunningly thick lashes.
- I wanted to still add more glamour so opted for Uroparis False Lashes no.54 that I stuck with Duo lash glue. I stuck them in the centre to create more of a rounder eye than an elongated one.
- I married the natural and false lashes with another coat of Oriflame Waterproof mascara which has a fabulous rubber brush that does not disrupt the lash fixture.
- I filled in the brows with my favorite Inglot Brow Powder and voila!! the eyes were ready for the shutterbugs.
- I prepped the lips with Kiehl's Lip Balm in my favorite Cranberry flavour.
- Then went a nude pencil from Bourjois to even out the lip shape and help me understand the lip contours better.
- For lipstick I opted an Inglot bright rosy pink along with Kryolan LS812 rosy taupe shade.
- Then went some translucent powder to mattify the lips.
- On the centre of the lips I applied Estee Lauder Pure Color gloss in Brazen Berry
Hair were puffed and curled by my favorite hair stylist Rekha Chauthani (we also call her Rekha tai). And Bhumika was ready for the big event. Her turquoise and pink outfit was as stunner and the bling was just perfectly right and very sophisticated. Bhumika has the pleasure of wearing the highest heels thanks to her ginormous height of her handsome husband. (He is 6'3, I was told).
It was a fabulous event and we all had a lot of fun. Bhumika is an amazing fashion and beauty blogger, a passion she juggles in between her job as a professor and family life. May god bless her and all my best wishes are with her.
Do let me know, how you found the makeup in the comments section.
Please do not copy any pictures or content of Beauty Traveller without prior permission. Thanks for reading my blog. I don't give 100% on the authenticity of the content here and it is subject to change without prior notice. Please read the disclaimer for any questions.