Fall 2013 fashion and makeup trends begin and so does this lovely article on Rapid Fire makeups too which takes us on making it easy to do a look and choose the products quickly to recreate trends from the ramp to the real. This is my favorite series of articles where I read the beauty anecdotes from www.style.com and then write the products that could be used to achieve a particular look. Every article contains backstage makeup looks done by some of the most sought after makeup artists in the world followed by DIY....
So lets see what we have this Fall 2014............
Bottega Veneta Fall 2013 - Pat McGrath
I loved the simplicity of this look - a velvety looking skin, healthy flush for the fall season (such things do not exist in the part of India where I stay but its OK) and of course this lovely burnt orange - chocolate brown matte lip. Here are the products I suggest to achieve this look in case it interests you.
- Christian Dior Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Foundation SPF 20
- Shiseido Natural Finish Creamy Concealer
- YSL Pur Radiant and Matt Compact Powder
- Benefit Watts up (as highlighter on the bridge of the nose, heights of the cheeks, over the cupid's bow and highlight for the inner corners and the brow bone - applied very very sparingly)
- Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay 12 Hr blush in Natural Beauty / Exposed
- Laura Mercier Eye Basics (as primer)
- Urban Decay Smoked Palette eyeshadow in Freestyle (as a wash on entire lid)
- Max Factor Liner Effect Pencil in Blazing Brown (traced all over the upper lash line and half of lower lash line and then smudged into nothingness of a smokey brown haze)
- Bourjois Khol And Contour Ultra black eye pencil (Just at the roots of the lashes)
- MAC eye lash curler
- Max Factor False Lash Effect 24 Hr in Brown
- Rimmel Brow Pencil in Black/Brown and Dark Brown for the brows
- MAC Nc15/20 eye pencil (in the inner rims)
- Kiehl's Lip Balm
- Lancome Rouge in Love Lipstick in 287N Chocolat Mordore
- Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder to mattify the lips and keep the lipstick wear longer.
VERSACE - Fall 2013 - Pat McGrath
This punk inspired look is a very classy Indian look and is done so effortlessly by the magician of makeup transformations - Pat McGrath. The face is enhanced with a sheer veil of foundation (concealed where needed) and kept dewy. The inner rims are traced with a black eye liner pencil applied in a tapered manner with thin from the inner corners to thick in the outer corners.
- YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation
- YSL Touche Eclat concealer
- Guerlain Nacre Des Mers Meteorites Pressed Powder
- Chanel Joues Contraste Blush in Frivole
- Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
- MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
- Urban Decay Smoked Palette - Free Style and Backdoor (very very light handedly for contouring)
- Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Gel liner in Intense Black (on the inner rims of upper and lower eyes)
- Sisley So Intense Mascara
- MAC Eye Brow pencils in Fling
- A chapstick like Burt's Bees would do.
- For a lipstick, the best ones I could ever find ever Guerlain Rouge G in Galia or Rouge G Brilliant in Bridget or Tom Ford Lipstick in Spanish Pink
These looks are simple interpretations of runway looks that we see for some major fashion shows in the world of fashion. Its important to find the best suited products to achieve this looks and simply use them as templates to do so.
Do let me know in the comments. Hope you liked this article.
Please do not copy any pictures or content of Beauty Traveller without prior permission. Thanks for reading my blog. I don't give 100% on the authenticity of the content here and it is subject to change without prior notice. Please read the disclaimer for any questions.