I happened to borrow a friend's Dior palette and put it to test to see whether it was worth the money. Thence I did not end up shooting a tutorial but made a quick 5 min makeup look to really see how the palette was.
Due to their excruciatingly high costs, Dior 5 Couleurs palettes are a bit like unsung heroes. They seem to get too pricey for colors that may get repeated as well. Anyways, here I have used the Nude Pink Design palette from their earlier collections. Dior boasts this one to be a complete palette with a primer, highlighter, liner and 2 shadows that help complete the look.
So let me quickly take you through achieving this look........
Nude Pink Design has 1 Primer, 1 Shimmer Accent, 1 Liner and 2 eyeshadows (brightening and defining).
- The primer is - White with a tint of pink
- The Shimmer Accent - White translucent base with white and duo chrome pink shimmer (almost glitter). This one has a creamy consistency
- The liner is a chocolate brown leaning towards plum
- The eyeshadows are pink-peach-beige shimmer and a medium toned plummy brown
Overall a beautiful palette.
- Prime the lids. I used my new favorite LORAC Behind the Scenes eyeshadow primer
- Then I used the primer provided in the quint on the entire eye lid upto the crease.
- With a Colorbar Purple Shimmer pencil I traced the upper and lower lash lines. Smudged the pencil to remove any hard lines.
- With a dome shaped smokey eyeshadow brush from NYX, I applied the chocolate brown on the outer corners and crease. Also smoked it out on the lower lids for that 'opium den' effect.
- On the lids, I applied the shimmery beigey-peachy-pink eyeshadow to bring out a highly reflective finish.
- On the crease, I used the plummy brown eyeshadow to define the lids and slightly smoked it all out.
- I used the primer shade from the quint as a highlighter for brow bone and inner corners.
- On the centre of the lid I used the shimmery accent to make the look very glowing and ethereal.
- I retraced the purple liner and also applied some in the inner rims of the lower lids.
- Curled the lashes, tamed and gelled the brows and then applied YSL Faux Cils mascara on the lashes to amplify them.
I thought of keeping the look on a monochromatic line. So I used MAC Blush in Hot Nights that was gently swept on the cheeks and used Guerlain Terra Ora as a highlight. For the lips I opted for Clinique Long Last Lipstick in Violet Berry/Chocolate-Raspberry.
And voila!! another look for this upcoming festive season. The eye lids look as if they have been made up of glass!!
Hope you liked this quick review. Do let me know in the comments and support the blog.
Please do not copy any pictures or content of Beauty Traveller without prior permission. Thanks for reading my blog. I don't give 100% on the authenticity of the content here and it is subject to change without prior notice. Please read the disclaimer for any questions.