I was lucky enough to get a good background for taking the picture with my Sony Xperia ZR phone, that I have retained to do these things. The makeup was themed for a cocktail party. I was demanded to do my signature smokey eyes and of course sprinkle some pixie dust. So this is what I ended up doing....Have a look...............
- Prep the skin with cleanser, toner and moisturizer to make the skin much more receiving.
- Apply Smashbox Photofinish Light Primer on the entire face to enhance the longevity of the makeup.
- Apply YSL Teint Parfait Complexion Perfector in no.02 and no.03 to the highlighted areas of the face to bring in the light and add a touch of glamour.
- As the skin is prepped, apply a bit of green color corrector on the red areas of Afrah's skin that need that correction. Redness was due to the facial done a day before the wedding. I used the Green corrector from the new BH cosmetics Concealer Corrector palettes in Medium.
- For Afrah's skin, MAC Pro Longwear concealer in NC42 and NC45 was mixed on a Kryolan mixing plate and applied under the eyes, around the chin and mouth, across the temples and also the sides of the nose.
- Over the concealer, apply MAC Pro Longwear foundation in NC45 mixed with a dot of Makeup Forever HD foundation in 153 to create a smooth and flawless even toned finish. Then for a heavier coverage apply Kryolan Ultra Foundation in OB4 in the under eye area and anywhere where coverage is needed.
- Set it all with a Shiseido Luminizing Trio Powder in Dark.
- The face was sculpted and contoured with a cream Soleil de Tan Bronzing base from Chanel and MAC Powder blush in Emote. The nose was contoured with Benefit Hoola Bronzer.
- Prime the lids with NARS Pro Prime Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base.
- Apply MAC Paint Pot in Blackground on the entire lid and blend it into the crease with a dome shaped crease brush.
- Line the lash lines with MAC Technakohl liner in Graphblack to darken the area and then smudge them out with a smokey eye shadow brush.
- On the outer corners, crease and inner corners, apply MAC Pigment in Black Black (PRO) with a wet eyeshadow brush and blend it into a haze.
- To create a transition, apply Urban Decay Dark Horse from the crease to the lowest of the brow bone. Since Afrah has big eyes, this was easy to do. The deep bronze added some warmth in the makeup.
- Highlight the inner corners and brow bone with MAC Pigment in Universal Mix.
- On the centre of the lid, apply MAC pigment in Naval Blue and blend. Over that, to add 3D effects, apply Softwash grey pigment from MAC.
- To add the pixie dust sparkle, layer on MAC Reflects in Teal and Blue. They add that magical festive touch.
- Then curl the lashes and apply L'Oreal Lash Architect 4D mascara. With Duo glue, stick on MAC False Lash no.36 and reapply the mascara to merge them.
- Line the lash line again with a deep dark eye liner pen like YSL Shocking Eye Liner Pen in Black.
- Tame, comb and fill the brows as per individual needs.
- Apply Clinique Blushing blush in Innocent Peach on the apples of the cheeks.
- Highlight the face with a touch of MAC Blush in Gana and Too Faced Candlelight Highlighter on the key highlight areas of the face.
- Prepare the lips with a dab of Elizabeth Arden Lip fix which is an excellent lip primer.
- Then add a coat of Maybelline 14 Hr lipstick in Consisently Truffle lightly on the lips.
- Highlight the cupid's bow with Gana blush and set the lipstick with MUFE HD powder.
- Add a coat of MAC Taupe lipstick and some MAC clear gloss to finish.
Hope you liked the look. Do let me know in the comments.
Please do not copy any pictures or content of Beauty Traveller without prior permission. Thanks for reading my blog. I don't give 100% on the authenticity of the content here and it is subject to change without prior notice. Please read the disclaimer for any questions.