(Pic is edited using www.picmonkey.com)
Today's Look of the day aka LOTD was inspired by the Fall trends set by maestros like Pat McGrath and Tom Pecheux. Its inspired from an urban girl who is effortlessly chic with an edge to create a look that describes herself. She's free spirited, bold and elegant at the same time.
Since a while we had done any jewel toned looks for Prerna and that is one of the reasons, this happened. So lets see how to achieve this look, step by step.....
Since the makeup is done by me and I don't have to flaunt it, I am going to try writing the break up of this look in a third person. Lets see, how funny it reads...
- Prepare the skin before applying base makeup and rather rest of the makeup.
- Cleanse with a good face wash, tone with a spritz based toner to create less irritation for winters and dry skin, use skin nourishing and glow enhancing serums and then thoroughly moisturize or hydrate as per your skin type. Today, YSL's Forever Youth Liberator Products were used to achieve a flawless foundation for the makeups to stay on.
- Prime the skin with a primer like Guerlain Meteorites Primer in Les Ors and begin with the makeup.
- With a foundation brush and a duo fibre blending brush from Chanel, apply Guerlain Tenue De Perfection foundation in shade no.03 all over the face, neck and ears as a thin layer. Diffuse and blur to get the soft focus effect.
- In the under eye area apply Chanel Correcteur Perfection concealer in shade no.03+04 and blend with fingers to push the product and blend into the skin.
- Set the under eyes with Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light to blur the imperfections and signs of fatigue further.
- Set the whole of makeup with a shade lighter than skin (no.02) of Christian Dior Capture Totale Loose Powder.
- Choose a cream blush or a cheek tint like Tarte Cosmetics Cheek Stain in Tipsy and layer and fix it with its eponymous Amazonian Clay 12 Hr blush.
- Skip the contours to prevent harshness. Instead strategically highlight with Clinique Fresh Bloom All Over Color in Peony Blend to get that scintillating effect on the skin.
The eyes are the main focus of this look. To get the most stunning peepers one can follow the following steps...................
- Prep and prime the lids with Clinique All About eyeshadow primer for eyes in Moderate Fair. This helps the eyeshadows adhere better and look brighter.
- Trace the upper and lower lash lines with Guerlain Retractable eye pencil in Black Jack. This soft pencil can be smeared at the lash line easily and then blended to perfection within a minute before it sets to a waterproof finish.
- On the outer corners, with a dome shaped brush, apply 'Black' eyeshadow from the LORAC PRO palette. I prefer applying it wet for higher intensity.
- In the crease, blend with 'Deep Purple' from the LORAC Pro palette, taking it as a semi lunar shape ending in the inner corners to frame the eyes deeply.
- With a damp dome eyeshadow brush, apply the blue-purple satiny color from the Estee Lauder Eyeshadow Palette in Violet Underground over the crease and blend. This is a game of highlight and low lights to make the eyeshadows pop.
- On the centre of the lid, with a damp brush, apply the shimmery golden shade from YSL Pure Chromatics Eyeshadow no.06 and then slowly and gradually diffuse into the purple.
- Line the lower lash line over the black, with Clinique Quick Liner Intense in Midnight Blue and blend.
- In the inner rims of upper and lower lids, fill in Guerlain Black Jack and seal the deal with YSL Shocking Gel liner in Deep Black.
- Highlight the brow bone with Guerlain Mono eyeshadow in L'Instant D'Un Baiser.
- In the corners, highlight with Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in Initiation.
- To create an intense jewel toned effect on the lower lid, apply YSL Gel liner in Jade Black and rest is history.
- Retrace the upper lash line with L'Oreal Super Liner Black Lacquer and apply lashings of YSL Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils in Noir Radical.
- Tame the brows with a brow comb and leave them unkempt to add more reality to the look.
- Line the lips with Elizabeth Arden lip liner in Bare.
- Color and stain the lips with Shisiedo Lacquer Rouge in Blaze to compliment the coolness of the eyes.
Hope you liked the look. This was the most requested one. Do let me know in the comments.
Please do not copy any pictures or content of Beauty Traveller without prior permission. Thanks for reading my blog. I don't give 100% on the authenticity of the content here and it is subject to change without prior notice. Please read the disclaimer for any questions.