Note - These are not professional pictures. I have shot them with my Sony Xperia ZR phone.
Modelling is not only about posing...its about attitude and confidence too..Model Rohan had it all...so the shoot was effortless and lots of fun. Btw this is a look for all the guys who read my beauty blog and who aspire to face the camera at some point in their life.So lets see how to achieve this PERFECT guy look....
I am very very well organized before the shoot starts and then I go into scary levels of pandemonium that cannot be described and better not photographed. Some of the salient products of the shoot were -
- Clinique For Men M-Gel Lotion Moisturizer
- Smashbox Photofinish Light Primer
- YSL Complexion Perfector no.03
- Makeup Forever HD Foundation in 153
- Kryolan Ultra Foundation in OB3 + OB4
- Chanel Soleil De Tan Bronzing Base
- Kryolan Translucent Powder
- Kryolan Derma Color Palette - D5
- MAC Blush in Emote
- Benefit Hoola Bronzer
- Keihl's Lip Balm
- And the HAIR GELs from Schwarzkopf
For the MAKEUP look...........(reads like a food recipe...LOL)
Makeup for guys doesn't exactly mean 'BRONZING'...Not all of them need extra bronzer and not all of them need to look darker than their real skin tone. Its about the 'YOUR SKIN BUT BETTER EFFECT'.
- Cleanse the face with Johnson's Baby Wipes and good micellar water like Bioderma Crealine Sensibio.
- Tone with a cotton soaked in Clarins White Lily Aqua Lotion to refresh the skin and take away unnecessary oil.
- Moisturize with Clinique M-Gel lotion. Since Rohan's skin was acne prone and did have a few healing acne and scars, I preferred not to massage it on the skin but to apply gently.
- Apply Smashbox Cosmetics Photofinish Light Primer for the other products to glide on smoothly and stay put.
- Apply a complexion perfector like YSL Teint Parfait to bring out the inner radiance and glow without looking too done up.
- Apply MAC Pro Longwear concealer in NC42 in the under eye area as the prime concealer.
- On a mixing plate, mix MUFE HD foundation in 153 with MAC Pro Longwear foundation in NC42 and apply smoothly over the entire face with a thin foundation brush and then buff into the skin with a stippling brush. Extend the foundation on the neck and also upto chest and shoulders.
- With a duo fibre brush, smooth and buff a mixture of Kryolan Ultra Foundation in OB3 and OB4 and blend it into nothingness. I also used the foundation on Rohan's ears to keep them from getting pink.
- On the acne marks and scars, with a small eyeshadow brush like MAC 234 (LE) apply Kryolan Derma color concealer in D5 to get rid of any marks and scars.
- Before applying powder, I applied the Chanel Soleil de Tan bronzing base on Rohan's cheeks, sides of the temples, under the jaw line, sides of the nose and hairline of the forehead.
- Set the foundation and everything with Kryolan Translucent loose powder in a yellow tone.
- To sharpen the areas of the face where Chanel's Bronzing base was applied, apply MAC blush in Emote and Benefit Hoola Bronzer to get a perfect eclectic mix of shadows.
- To highlight the face, with a fan brush apply Shiseido's Multi-shade enhancer in S1 (Limited Edition) or any neutral slightly glowy highlighter. It has to look very very subtle and not enhance any unwanted shine.
- Comb the brows and fix them with a bit of hair gel. Fill in the gaps before fixing with Inglot Brow powder.
- A little mascara does not hurt and so does a little lash curling. Do not go overboard.
- Apply Kiehl's Lip Balm on the lips to moisturize them. A beige lipstick is harmless to neutralize any unwanted discoloration on the lips. The subtle the better.
- A fixing spray helps fix all the makeup and make the model ready for camera.
Its good to accentuate the bone and musculature with alternate shading of the receded areas and highlighting of the prominent areas. This is different for different people.
Hope you liked this quick GUY makeup tutorial. Do let me know your views in the comments.
Please do not copy any pictures or content of Beauty Traveller without prior permission. Thanks for reading my blog. I don't give 100% on the authenticity of the content here and it is subject to change without prior notice. Please read the disclaimer for any questions.