I am on a hunt to get the best and the most sheer HD products that give a second skin effect and yet keep the look flawless and seamless. In this article I shall be featuring my newest purchase which is the FACE IT FOUNDATION by Makeup Studio Netherlands.
Lets have a look at everything that I am saying and mean to say....
Makeup Studio Face It Shaping Contour Foundation Palette in 064
(Don't mind the dirty picture please)
Before I explain the how-to, let me highlight one of my latest purchases which is the Face It foundation palette by Makeup Studio. It all happened in serendipity when I was working with Actor Mukti Mohan, who introduced me to these colors and then there was no looking back. This palette may look extremely basic and very simple, but it contains one of the best foundation/concealers I have ever used. It has smartly replaced my Derma Palette from Kryolan and I cannot believe how much I am in love with it.
Makeup Studio happens to be an unsung hero in the line of professional makeup products. But I believe that a bit of talent attached to their profile, they will do amazingly well. The Face It Cream foundation is a long wearing, oil free, full coverage cream foundation that blends like butter and sets like a curd. I shall be reviewing all the foundations I have in the upcoming post so that you have a better idea of the product.
Coming back to Mayank's makeup............
- Mayank has extremely dry skin which makes it vulnerable to wrinkling and lines. Since I work with him all the time, I ensure that his face is thoroughly hydrated and plumped. For that I mix in a dollop of Marks and Spencer Night Time Moisturizer with L'Oreal Extraordinary Boosting Oil and massage it on the face and under eyes for 5 mins. It also helps facilitate lymphatic drainage and plumps up the skin with a flood of moisture.
- I do not use a primer essentially but love to use the Smashbox cosmetics Photofinish Primer Water as it does a great job of prepping the skin (thanks to Glycerin). Even the Nivea After Shave Balm works wonders on his skin as it helps hydrate and blend the foundation and other bases seamlessly.
- If some one tells you that male models do not need makeup, then its a myth. Of course, everyone in this world needs some sort of makeup.
- For Mayank, I used 2 liquid foundations mixed with some more oil to create a flawless base and then concealed strategically while polishing his face with a tooth brush foundation brush that I recently picked up from PAC cosmetics.
- The foundation mix is of Guerlain Tenue de Perfection and YSL Le teint de touche eclat. One is a long lasting foundation that adds mattifying effects where as other is an emblem of luminosity. Their amalgamation makes a foundation finish that is supernatural and hyperreal.
- I applied that with a flat foundation brush and then buffed into the skin to create smoothness.
- For concealing I used a couple of shades from the Makeup Studio Face It Shaping Foundation Palette in colors, Caribbean and Yellow Beige to cover up under eye circles and any sort of discolorations.
- Finally I polished the skin with Makeup Studio Face IT foundation in Golden Olive with the toothbrush foundation brush for an amazing finish.
- Mayank doesn't need too much of powdering or touch ups which is a boon to any makeup artist. I gently puffed Guerlain Les Violettes Loose Powder in 01 Transparency and quickly dusted off with an angular Chanel powder brush. This is to ensure that the face does not go completely matte.
- Foundations can make your face completely flat and its better to reinforce the contours.
- On Mayank's Olive skin tone, I prefer to use the Guerlain Four Seasons Bronzer to contour as it has a chocolate-y warm coloring that chisels the face and adds dimension.
- I used Lancome Eclat Miracle to highlight the face ever so softly and its a nice natural looking serum based highlighter which is minuscule in noticing but has the best impact on camera
And that's Mayank Gupta, ready for his shot. We got some amazing pictures and it was really a lot of fun shooting outdoors.
Mayank Gupta is a model and actor and you can following him on social media as follows:
Instagram - actor.mayankgupta
Face Book - Mayank Gupta
Twitter - @mayank1186
Roposo - Mayank Gupta
Hope you enjoyed the tutorial. For any comments and queries do feel free to drop me a message and I shall get back to you the earliest.
Please do not copy any pictures or content of Beauty Traveller without prior permission. Thanks for reading my blog. I don't give 100% on the authenticity of the content here and it is subject to change without prior notice. Please read the disclaimer for any questions.